1. Joy comes from within. Whether it’s a quiet birthday or filled with parties, if I put expectations on others, I will be disappointed.
2. I always give myself a gift. It may be material, or a service, or time doing something I want to do.
3. I don’t remember what I got as a present last year, but I remember the people I was with. In other words, presence is better than presents.
4. People who have birthdays in months other than December will never understand that I LOVE having my birthday during the holiday season.
5. I’m not getting older, I’m getting better.
Cheers! And Happy Birthday, whenever yours might be!